Saturday, August 8, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - August 8, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Jostein Gaarder (1952 - ):
“Wisest is she who knows she does not know.”

and
“How terribly sad it was that people are made in such a way that they get used to something as extraordinary as living.”

and
“It's not a silly question if you can't answer it.”

and
“A state that does not educate and train women is like a man who only trains his right arm.”

and
“As long as we are children, we have the ability to experience things around us--but then we grow used to the world. To grow up is to get drunk on sensory experience.”



Kool Moe Dee (1962 - ):

“I stayed away from drugs, I never smoked a pipe. When I wanna get high, I smoke the mic. I never did white lines, I only write lines, and I ain't sniffin' nothing but the vapors from hype rhymes.”



The Edge (1961 - ):
“You see, rock and roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential.”

and
“For me, looking back is akin to being on a tightrope and looking down. It doesn't help you in the present moment to deal with what you have to deal with in order to move forward.”

and
“What a song is is a subjective thing. There's no one real definition for it.”




Dustin Hoffman (1937 - ):
“There's a rebirth that goes on with us continuously as human beings. I don't understand, personally, how you can be bored. I can understand how you can be depressed, but I just don't understand boredom.”

and
“Life stinks, but that doesn't mean you don't enjoy it.”




Roger Penrose (1931 - ):
“No doubt there are some who, when confronted with a line of mathematical symbols, however simply presented, can only see the face of a stern parent or teacher who tried to force into them a non-comprehending parrot-like apparent competence--a duty and a duty alone--and no hint of magic or beauty of the subject might be allowed to come through.” 



No comments: