Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5, 2014

Good Morning!



Today is the birthday of Pier Paolo Pasolini (1922 – 1975) who said:
“If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.”

and
“The mark which has dominated all my work is this longing for life, this sense of exclusion, which doesn't lessen but augments this love of life.”



It is also the birthday of Mem Fox (1946 - ) who said:
“The fire of literacy is created by the emotional sparks between a child, a book, and the person reading. It isn’t achieved by the book alone, nor by the child alone, nor by the adult who’s reading aloud—it’s the relationship winding between all three, bringing them together in easy harmony.”

and
“Books don't harm kids; they arm them.”



Happy Birthday to Penn Jillette (1955 - ) who said:
“Read everything and be kind.”



Finally, it is the birthday of Mark E. Smith (1957 - ) who said:

“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

No comments: