Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 27, 2014

Good Morning!



Today is the birthday of John Steinbeck (1902 – 1968) who said:
“I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible.”

and
“I wonder how many people I've looked at all my life and never seen.”

and
“All great and precious things are lonely.”

and
“Try to understand men. If you understand each other you will be kind to each other. Knowing a man well never leads to hate and almost always leads to love.”




It is also the birthday of James T. Farrell (1904 – 1979) who said:
“If you let conditions stop you from working, they'll always stop you.”




Happy Birthday to Peter De Vries (1910 – 1993) who said:
“I write when I'm inspired, and I see to it that I'm inspired at nine o'clock every morning.”




Birthday greetings to Laurence Durrell (1912 – 1990) who said:
“I don’t believe one reads to escape reality. A person reads to confirm a reality he knows is there, but which he has not experienced.”

and
“Science is the poetry of the intellect and poetry the science of the heart's affections.”




Finally, it is the birthday of N. Scott Momaday (1934 - ) who said:

“A word has power in and of itself. It comes from nothing into sound and meaning; it gives origin to all things.”

No comments: