Friday, December 19, 2014

December 19, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...


Brandon Sanderson (1975 - ):
“You see, that is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm. It's really funny.”

and
“The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.”

and
“But you can't kill me. I represent that one thing you've never been able to kill, no matter how hard you try. I am hope.”




Eric Allin Cornell (1961 - ):
“Most of my teachers probably found I made less trouble if they let me read.”

and
“My head was always bubbling over with facts and it seems to me this had little to do with my paying close attention in school and more to do with my voracious and omnivorous reading habits.”





Derrick Jensen (1960 - ):
“Those in power have made it so we have to pay simply to exist on the planet. We have to pay for a place to sleep, and we have to pay for food. If we don't, people with guns come and force us to pay. That's violent.”

and
“Writing is really very easy. Tap a vein and bleed onto the page. Everything else is just technical.”




Édith Piaf (1915 – 1963):
“I want to make people cry even when they don't understand my words.”




Jean Genet (1910 – 1986):
“...the characters in my books all resemble each other. They live, with minor variations, the same moments, the same perils, and when I speak of them, my language, which is inspired by them, repeats the same poems in the same tone.”




Carter G. Woodson (1875 – 1950):
“No man knows what he can do until he tries.”

and

“The mere imparting of information is not education.”




No comments: